My Life

Monday, December 06, 2004

A Night of Fun my new friend, the Rug Doctor.

This weekend I went to Seattle, to help with a fundraiser for my work. Sometime I will do a post, to let all my readers (mostly imaginary), about my job... It's really interesting. So, I had just been in the car for four or five hours, and I was finally home. I was planning to to home, drop stuff off, and go to church only a little late. When I walked into my house, I immediately knew something was wrong, and had the feeling that I would not be able to go to church that night. There was a loud hissing sound, almost like that of a teapot that was screeching into a quite home to deafen the silence. As this was registering, the phone also started to ring to add it's clamor to the chaos. I started to walk towards the screeching sound and my phone. A few feet into my house, and I was slashing into the pool that used to be my living room floor. I had visions of the wet bandits of "home alone" attacking my house. I started to move faster, leaving the idea of answering my phone behind me. In my kitchen, I saw the culprit. The hose that connects the washer to the outside water line, was partially severed and was screaming as it pushed highly pressurized water out of a hole that was to small. I walked though the linoleum swamp, and turned the knob off for the water. I then went to pick up a phone that had sense been hung up by an impatient caller.

What do you do, in a situation like this...? I was dumbfounded and had to force myself to work. I first walked around and scoped out the damage, and picked up everything that could be damaged near the giant pool of water. I then, like anybody would got on the internet..., isn't that what you would do? I needed to log on, so I could get my mom's boyfriend's cell phone number, and all my contact information is online. I tried to call him, but was only able to leave a message. I logged my mom's MSN Instant messenger account on, to see if he was online... he wasn't. When my mom goes to her boyfriends house, she many times becomes unreachable. I shot out an email anyways. I was stumped... I got the situation sealed up, meaning that I the area was cleared out of all burner, the rug's put outside to hopefully dry, and all ruin able items removed, but I wasn't sure the next step.

To understand more of my predicament, this is Sunday late night 8 or 9 pm. and I had school the next morning. At school the end of the quarter is coming up this Friday... and my little trip to Seattle did not get me a lot of homework done. I had a research paper, that needed a lot of work done the next morning for my ENG. 101 class. I also needed to turn in my portfolio to early the next morning. Within my portfolio I had 12 10 minute journal entries to write. These were just some of the more major homework piece that I need to accomplish. Well I figured I should write a journal entry to help calm my mind down. I ended up going to Fred Meyers and renting a "rug-doctor," to suck the water out of the carpet. When I got home, my mom can back to the house and we started the long clean up process. The floor is still a little wet, but It should dry out in the next week or two... at least we hope. I leave you with a last thought, don't wait until your water line breaks to clean under the washing machine, it gets really gross under there.



 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. 2004-2005