My Life

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Small Steps

I am starting to make small steps. I have been feeling lately that I really need to get more discipline back in my life. I used to be really disciplined, when I was involved in the Master’s Commission (MC’s). Part of the curriculum there, was to help get diligence and discipline into your life. This covered a lot of different aspects of life. From reading the word, we had a daily bible reading plan and even memorized scripture (7-13 verses a week). Disciplined in time, because we came to find out how little time there is in a day, when it is filled up with activities, homework, school, and other stuff. We also had “time logs” that we had to fill out, to be able to really look at how we use our time. One of the things I’m trying to really get back into right no is exercise. In the MC’s there was a required five days of exercise. These had to be for a half hour, and significantly raise your heart beat.

When I got into the MC’s, I really got into exercising and really enjoyed it. My favorite thing to do was going to the YMCA swim laps. I looked forward to it, even though it was usually meant being there by about 6am. I would even go, and do if for more then my required half hour. I also during my time at MCs ran and lifted weights, but my love was swimming. I lost a considerable amount of weight just doing this. I have, since the move to Richland, occasionally gone running but nothing with any sort of diligence. Other then just missing the exercise, I have also been gaining weight. As I go to give plasma weekly, I get weighed every time. I my weight has steadily been rising. I’ve gained more then just the few normal holiday pounds, and can even see it now in the mirror.

Well, it’s time for a change. As I am posting this on my blog, I have decided that I am going to get back into exercising, and my blog is my witness. I have, during the last three days gone out and ran. I will keep up a regiment, exercising 3-5 time a week every week. This will probably have to consist of running for right now, the cost of a health club are too high for this college student. I want to also get into hiking more regularly, so that I can go on some trips next summer. So in future posts, you will be hearing from a fitter Jacob.


 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. 2004-2005