My Life

Thursday, January 06, 2005

The Daily Grind, -skateboarding, and -coffee brewing

I’m back to doing the school thing again, Winter Break is over and it’s back to the grind again. I am really enjoying all of my classes so far though. I’m taking Spanish 101, Sociology 101, and Philosophy 101. I’ve wanted to learn Spanish for a while now, but I think that it’s going to take a lot of work to get it down… who knows, someday you might be reading one of my posts in Spanish. My SOC class, is interesting. I like the teachers style, although it is different. Some examples are, his “Zen experiments” From what I have heard about from other students they will be interesting enough that I will have to make a post later about them, but for now I don’t want to give it away. He requires group teaching, about different subjects, and has added a lab to the class. For the lab, he said that it’s a science class and needs a lab. I think the lab will be cool, working in the community on some sociological research project. Dr. Hellford (SOC teacher), came from working at Princeton to somehow end up teaching at the community college level here in Pasco. He said that He was tired of giving the “privileged more privilege.” That’s pretty cool. He seems like a really good teacher and look forward to his class, even it some of our political views clash. My Philosophy class is also really good. My teacher is very animated, and fun to listen to. His analogies are a out of this atmosphere, but that makes it interesting. The other cool thing about PHI, is my class mates. About seven of my friends and me are all taking the course at the same time (somewhat planned). This could be trouble, but I think it will make the class dynamic… interesting. Also in the class is somebody that I used to hang out with some back in my not so sober days. Her name is Ashley, but it’s cool because we have both left that whole lifestyle behind for the past few years. It was cool to be able to catch up a bit… but it also reminded me of my other old friends. I want to reach them, and need to get a hold of them.


 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. 2004-2005