My Life

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Interesting contacts

As of lately, I have gotten quite a few people contacting me though my website For example I've had two relatives of my dad contact me. This is really exciting, because I have had no contact with that side of the family for a number of years.

The contact was stopped when I was in the 7th grade or so, and I called my grandpa to ask about my family history on that side (I had a family tree project due for school) and he basically said to F---- off. So the communication lines broke for that side of the family.

Well, my dad's cousin and his sister have all contacted me from there. I also had a gentleman from California give me a call and talk to me about my dad. Then, yesterday, I had another person send me an email saying that they had met my dad before. She had also written a poem for him;

It is fine to live in your mind
But do not let yourself be led to death like a dumb beast
You will not want to die
No one could know the desperation
Having failed in sparing you
They torture others who feel so alone
Like little birds in the nest after
the sound of a rifle cracks


I won't disclose the authors name, but I was very blessed.


 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. 2004-2005