My Life

Monday, January 07, 2008

Bad Stewarding

So, I like to think that I am generally a good steward of my stuff. I found out that this is not always the case. Since before I drove 144 miles to go home, my car started making a ticking kind of sound. I did not know what it was. I drove around Tri-Cities for a couple of weeks, and all the way back to Spokane with this sound going. It wasn't until four or five days later, driving home from a friends house that I finally figured out what the problem might be. My check gage light (normally only for when I'm out of gas) kept flickering on and off, and the oil indicator needle was going crazy. I've known that I'm way past due on changing my oil, but that's generally how it is, but I had no idea that I was almost out of oil. Running out of oil, if you don't know, is a very bad issue for a car. When I checked my oil dipstick at the nearest gas station, I realized that I was very low. It made me late for church, but at least my car made it there.

I've realized that maybe I need to work a little bit harder at being a good steward of the stuff that God has blessed me with.

Labels:


 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. 2004-2005