My Life

Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Cross Simply Put

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; (Ephesians 2:8)

We have all fallen short of the Glory of God and sinned, and deserve death. God sent his son (Jesus) to die for our sins. This is foundational in Christianity. I was hit again with this reality in a place that I didn't expect. I was listening to Akon's Sorry, Blame It On Me and was impacted by the fact that what he was talking about (not specifically) what what Jesus did for us.

You can check out the music video;


Akon says that "Even though the blame’s on you, I’ll take that blame from you. You could put that blame on me." That is what Jesus tells us. Yes, you have sinned and deserve death... but I will take that blame and die on the cross for you. Even though Akon probably wasn't thinking about any of this, God still used it to speak to me.

Labels:


 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. 2004-2005