My Life

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Agent Roy and Easy

I was driving earlier today, in downtown Spokane to go to a bead shop. On my way, a woman and a man ran directly in front of me. I was able to slam on my breaks quickly enough to escape running them over. They proceeded to run around my car multiple times, and yelled that I should call 911. I pulled over on the next street, and walked back to see what was happening. The woman had disappeared (probably into the Laser Quest facility next door). The man was yelling at some workers, telling them that they had to call 911. On my way to hopefully calm the man down, I started talking to a guy that lived near by. He said his name was Easy, and that he had just heard a big ruckus and them almost get run over by me. I went over to the guy, and told him that he should walk away from the business (the manager was telling him that if he didn't leave they would file a complaint. The man told me that his name was Agent Roy, and that they were all going to be sorry when the police show up. I didn't contradict his claims to be a retired millionaire, even though he looked like somebody with a mental illness barely making it. I walked with him, and told them that he should sit and calm down and wait for the police to show up. Easy walked over to were we were and said that he though Roy was on drugs or something, and that he also though he should calm down. Easy said that he was an OG (Original Gangster... he was a black guy in his 50 or 60 and seemed really weathered by both drugs and the street), and that he's had to deal with the police a lot. This got Agent Roy to calm down. The police showed up a couple minutes later, and started questioning people. I told him what I had seen, and then took off. It was an interesting experience.

Labels:


 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. 2004-2005