My Life

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Putting the control-ALT-delete in plasma

I’ve stopped giving plasma for the time being. I think that I am really going to miss it too. Yes, part of me will miss the money. Even though it’s meager wages, it has in the past supplied my blow fund (money that I could spend on whatever I want, with no second thoughts). But I think more then the money, I enjoyed the experience of giving plasma. Not so much the getting stuck by a needle, and aimlessly pumping my hand for an hour. This may seem odd, but I kind of looked forward to going… not all of the time, but it’s kind of fun. I just like opportunities to just talk with people. If somebody is stuck with a needle, they aren’t just going to get up and leave in the middle of your conversation (no matter how one sided that it might appear to be). I did really enjoy it though, and I plan to go back, but it will be in about a month. The last two donations that I have given, because of testing afterwards, had to be destroyed. I had an elevated ALT level in my plasma. This has to do with an enzyme that is secreted out of the liver. It normally happens because of either dehydration (which I drink quite a bit of water, well more than the amount of coffee I consume) or Tylenol kinds of drugs (which I could probably count the amount of times I’ve done that on my fingers). So I’m at a loss, for the reason that this is happing. I plan to visit a Dr., and get a blood test here in the next few weeks. Ouch, Drs are expensive… but my mom said she would help, and we have some insurance. I figured that I should check this out, because it isn’t normal that I should have it, I think… Well, I’ll visit the doctor, and sometime return to the Plasma Center.


 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. 2004-2005