My Life

Monday, February 14, 2005

Fool Hearty...well maybe a bit crazy

You may say that I’m “loco in la cavaza,” but I think not. You may be thinking that it is Monday morning at 2 AM, what is Jacob doing up still and posting on his blog. Well the answer to that is being stupid. I’m doing homework, well actually at this moment taking a break. I did not work on my homework last on Thursday or Friday, and I am now suffering the wrath of the consequences for my actions. I also have been lacking sleep for the last few days so I am really tired. I figured that I might as well post, because I’ve decided that I will not go to sleep tonight. That means in the morning… well in a few hours I’m going to go run, and get ready for the day as if I had gotten multiple hours of sleep. I am trying to keep up this façade to my body that I’m energized. Sooner or later the caffeine will run out of my body also, and I will feel like dieing. Ah well, I think I will be ok. How did I get into this predicament? Well, first off, not working on Friday or Thursday but more then that I got of work, and went to church. That was about an hour and a half of time, but not wasted. Going to church was able to fill me up some and prepare me for what was coming. I came home; checked email all that took was 10-15 minutes. Then I realized how much homework that I actually had. Time to make a quick stop by Starbucks® , to pick up a Java Chip Frappuccino®. This is the best drink know to coffee dinking coenuruses, well at least in my opinion. This is not the only drink that I get when I go to get coffee. I am one of those obsessive, must try all kinds of new things when I go places kind of people. Well, so I started on my homework before 9 PM. I have beaked from my Spanish only a few short times, until now at 2 AM. That is five hours of Spanish Goodness. I should not have this much homework, even if it is a weekend. I also cannot blame this on the concept of receiving the homework in a long-term sense. This just did not happen; it was all given as weekend homework. Well, that leaves two choices, either I am partially stupid or my teacher gave us an insane amount of homework. I would vote that it is a little bit of both. I thought this a good point to stop for a little while. I still have at least 30 or more minutes of Spanish (the later it gets, the longer it will take). Then I haven’t even started my Philosophy or Sociology. Wow, what is this world coming to, I must just be crazy. I figured my best bet is to bet that I can pull an all-nighter. I think I’ll be ok, It will just take lots of water and coffee. When I get to go do my run, and see new sunlight I think that I will feel better then. This will also allow me to get that extra stuff that I needed to accomplish done. I always wanted 48 hours in a day, and now I guess I get it. I just don’t think I planned it like this. Well to all you sleepless friends, hope you sleep well, I will tomorrow. For a final thought, the ultimate procrastination is that of pulling an all-nighter, because you are putting off something that in inevitable and difficult to put off for very long.


 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. 2004-2005